Having found a suitable meeting room to rent in Birmingham, it’s time planning the meeting to ensure you’re organised and make the most out of the meeting time.
If you’ve never chaired a business meeting, knowing where to start can be daunting. Here are a few tips to help you get organised.
Make sure you’re prepared
Booking the meeting room is the first step, then you’ll need to think about what you want to get out of the meeting and produce a detailed agenda.
Here are a few things we’d recommend you think about:
1. What information needs to be sent to attendees prior to the meeting
2. The overall outcome you want to achieve
3. Whether other speakers are required and what they need to prepare
4. What need’s to be on the agenda to discuss
Don’t try and do it all by yourself. Lean on the expertise of others, including members of the business or committee.
Take time to create an agenda
An agenda is an itinerary of the areas you want to cover during your meeting. Apart from acting as a useful guide, it will help you structure and control the meeting – so you don’t end up going off topic.
Your schedule should be broken down into clear discussion points with timings so that your meeting doesn’t overrun.
If possible, aim for a total run-time of under 2 hours with a coffee break in between. That way, attendees will stay engaged and you’ll better interaction.
Create a set of meeting rules
Set out clear parameters before the meeting, so members understand what code of practice to follow. This will help control the flow of the meeting and stop people feeling affronted if you have to correct them.
Examples of meeting rules could include:
1. Requesting to speak by raising your hand
2. Not interrupting members who are talking
3. Not leaving the meeting without good reason
4. Starting and finishing on time
5. Sticking to the agreed agenda items
Book meeting venues in Birmingham
Are you looking for meeting room hire in Birmingham city centre? Contact us with your requirements so we can help. We have a wide choice of small and large rooms of all – so you’re bound to find what you need.